Tuesday, September 28, 2010


I don't like to let anything go to waste.  I had 3 spotted bananas and decided to pull out my old recipe book and make a bread. I have had it since I was 15.  My mother gave it to me when we moved to Villa Rica and I became more responsible with making the evening meals.
Wyatt loves it when we bake and I always try to include him. He is great at cracking eggs and mashing bananas. I taught him to beat the eggs last night.  I just love that boy!
I want to experiment with the recipe. It is really good but I would like to add something that makes the flavors pop. Think maybe using butter instead of shortening for starts :).

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 soft, ripe bananas, mashed 
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract


Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs, flour, soda, bananas, vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour banana bread batter into 1 greased and floured loaf pan; bake at 350° for about 50 min, It was not set in the middle so I simply turned the oven off and left the loaf to finish baking. This banana nut bread recipe makes 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment